Author
Hoax
Poster
Added: Apr 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Hi..

I got a question about rapidshare payments.. I prefer a wire transfer directly to Rapidshare instead of using paypal.. what scares me is what I read: If we dont receive the full amount of money we can not make your account (bullshit) and there will be no refund ..

so my question is.. how does this work with international transfers.. will my bank take the fee from the money im sending or will they bill me seperate?

because if they take it from the money, rapidshare will steal my money because they didnt get the full amount?
fantailedalbi
Respected Poster
Added: Apr 18, 2007 7:12 pm
I guess you want to make a payment by a credit/debit card which is what I have to do if my points total (as a premium member) doesn't allow me to get more free time.

Like any card transaction (local or international), if your credit isn't enough to allow the transaction to take place then it will be cancelled and you won't have to pay anything. The system doesn't allow for only a part transaction to be made, it's all or nothing.

If you apply and you don't have enough credit to enable the complete transaction then it will be refused and you won't have to pay anything (and you won't get access).
Hoax
Poster
Added: Apr 18, 2007 7:16 pm
no not with credit card..

I want to transfer money from my bank to the rapidshare bank account

wire transfer Smile

I dont have a credit card Sad
svinto
Retired Legend
Added: Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm
Hi Hoax.

When I got my Premium started I payed with my creditcard with the company they used before PayPal and had no problem.
Then I renewed it once with PayPal and also then no problem.

There is when I'm checking their join page an option to pay thrue Wire Transfer.
Have you investigated what you get as info if you follow that route?
I saw it was only available for 3/6/12 months accounts.

There might be someone who has joined using the service who can be of more guidance.
Anyway I think the question is interesting for more people than you.
So lets hope for some good answers.

/svinto [URL=http://imageshack.us]screenshot[/URL]

Edits: Spelling, english bad misstakes corrected.
Boy I must have been really sleapy when I wrote this.
Added: Apr 19, 2007 11:15 pm
I've used Paypal, no problem.

Its also better in a lot of ways. . . a wire transfer leaves much more of a paper trail than does a Paypal payment. Also, with a Paypal payment, Rapidshare doesn't have your bank info in their system.

all in all, unless there are special circumstances, I'd go with PP
Hoax
Poster
Added: Apr 22, 2007 2:26 am
deepsepia wrote:
I've used Paypal, no problem.

Its also better in a lot of ways. . . a wire transfer leaves much more of a paper trail than does a Paypal payment. Also, with a Paypal payment, Rapidshare doesn't have your bank info in their system.

all in all, unless there are special circumstances, I'd go with PP

Never thought of that.. that's something to think about incase u get in trouble for shared content.. thanks for the tip Smile

but what if rapidshare wants my personal info from paypal ?
svinto
Retired Legend
Added: Apr 22, 2007 6:48 am
Hoax wrote:
but what if rapidshare wants my personal info from paypal ?

RS wouldn't but the attoritys could if they are performing an investigation.
The risc is then equally shared between all who are sharing all over the net.
(ie 0.000000001 % or something. Laughing)
The risc is significantly larger for them who uses file sharing programs.
Based on the publically available information those sharers are the ones the attoritys concentrate on.
(That is one reason for not allowing such links in this forum.)
Then there is a question how high it is ranked on the crime scale.
The lower the lesser priority and it's low, something in the region of jailwalking.
(Jailwalking means crossing the street on red light for pedestrians.)

/svinto [URL=http://imageshack.us]screenshot[/URL]