Author
felasco
Good Poster
Added: Feb 05, 2016 9:15 am
I'm hoping this thread might be a place where we can report file hosts that throw up multiple popups that can not be dismissed. As example, I just clicked to an image host that threw up 4 popup windows, none of which could be closed. This locked up my browser, requiring a force quit, killing all downloads in progress.

If the mods agree such file hosts should be banned, I'd like to help identify them here.

If the mods don't agree, please let us know so we can make other plans. Thanks much.
Nucky
Administrator
Added: Feb 05, 2016 10:06 pm
why don't you show us this crappy host?
felasco
Good Poster
Added: Feb 06, 2016 10:34 am
Hi Nicky, thanks for your reply.

I wanted to see what the mod policy is. Will you ban any such host?

I'm asking because identifying these hosts requires finding the link again, clicking it, and crashing my browser again. And then when I restart Firefox it attempts to restore all the windows etc. It's kind of a big hassle.

What is the policy here on hosts that toss up multiple popups?

Thanks.
Nucky
Administrator
Added: Feb 06, 2016 10:32 pm
We don't allow picture hosts which have thousands banners and more than one pop-up/pop-under. There are tens of new hosts or even more these days, that's why we can't ban them quickly. We are always welcome to users which help us to keep the board clean also. If you remember the domain or the part of domain name just let me know and i'll check, you don't need to do that and see all these dirty tricks of crappy hosts again.
felasco
Good Poster
Added: Feb 07, 2016 9:59 am
Nucky wrote:
We don't allow picture hosts which have thousands banners and more than one pop-up/pop-under.

Thanks Nucky, that's what I was hoping to hear. Yes, one popup is reasonable, after that it's best to ban them. Ok, I will report such hosts as I find them here in this thread. Hopefully other members will join in.
felasco
Good Poster
Added: Feb 29, 2016 12:09 pm
Depositfiles seems to fairly routinely lock up my browser. It just happened yet again with this fie:

https://www.forumophilia.com/topic355403-225.html#19890771

It's not aggressive popups, but I think a poorly coded video ad on the download page. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a Mac.

I'm going to bail on Depositfile links myself, as it's pretty annoying to spend an hour lining up some downloads just to have them all die in the browser crash. Whether Depositfiles merit banning is a question I leave to you.
felasco
Good Poster
Added: Apr 14, 2016 8:24 am
Here's an image host that's a popup monster. It can be pretty difficult to even make it to the actual image. I nominate this host for the ban list.

http://imgsen.se

Thanks.