Author
Elmo
Respected VIP club member
Added: Feb 15, 2005 10:05 pm
Do you ever automate the download of pics from a website?

When you want to quickly download all the content off a website, do you have a favorite program?

I use Teleport Pro which is a great offline spider but it cost $39.
http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/home.htm

Does anybody use a free one?
sleeper_shark
Added: Feb 16, 2005 5:38 am
Elmo wrote:
Do you ever automate the download of pics from a website?

When you want to quickly download all the content off a website, do you have a favorite program?

Does anybody use a free one?

I only use free ones.

curl and wget are both really handy.
For grabbing pictures off this forum or out of TGP pages,
the downthemall extension to firefox is great.
For sites with a complex structure or funky authentication procedure that needs cookies, I sometimes resort to custom scripts (although wget can handle some cookies.)
Mr.Paranoid
Good Poster
Added: Feb 16, 2005 6:12 am
http://www.httrack.com/

I have used this in the past it works very well I have not used it for some time.

Mad
Snigom
Very Respected Poster
Added: Feb 17, 2005 12:51 am
What about streaming video? Does anyone know of a free program that allows you to download the entire 'streamed' video?

Just curious......
Elmo
Added: Feb 17, 2005 7:14 am
Snigom wrote:
What about streaming video? Does anyone know of a free program that allows you to download the entire 'streamed' video?

Just curious......

I use Camstudio. The price is right. It's free.
http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedia_Graphics_Screen_Capture_CamStudio_3944.html
It saves all or parts of the screen including sound to AVI or Flash.

You may have to play a movie twice to find the parts of the screen you want to capture. You can also play with things like framerate and resolution to get the size of the final movie reduced. Also supports multiple codecs.
Medium_Pimpin
I'm probably spamming
Added: Mar 14, 2005 7:43 pm
1Click Picgrabber works great if the site links directly to the files (as opposed to .html pages w/ the file embedded in it). Webpix express can do most of the rest.
pypex
I'm probably spamming
Added: Mar 16, 2005 9:04 pm
I used to be a big fan of TPP, but ive gone off it.

No matter how carefully you set it up it always goes and spends half the night grabbing something you down want. Factor that in with the fact that even the best site has a fair bit of chaff mixed with the grain.

I prefer to find what I like, and queue it up in flashget.
Jack Carter
Good Poster
Added: Apr 02, 2005 12:59 pm
This idea appeals to me. I am I right to assume that when you join a site it's okay to download the content you want in this way? I mean, are there any limitations or is a big no-no with some sites? I'd really like to know as this system would be very handy to me. Any help you can give on this would be great.

Thanks
sexyhunter
Good Poster
Added: Apr 02, 2005 1:57 pm
I only use free ones like flashget
Laughing
but it's an awesome software
UMO
VIP club member
Added: Apr 03, 2005 9:06 pm
Express webpictures
MrRoboto
I'm probably spamming
Added: Apr 04, 2005 3:14 pm
I use Flashget , same as sexy hunter.

It does batch downloads, where it will automatically go through a set of number files with the same name,,
Ie:
hotpic01
hotpic02
etc
bad samaritan
I'm probably spamming
Added: Apr 05, 2005 5:12 am
httrack=free,good enough.
Elmo
Added: Apr 05, 2005 1:56 pm
I just downloaded httrack.exe from their website. It does look good, although it's is not as full-featured as Teleport Pro. Certainly worth every penny they are charging for it, Smile
Jack Carter
Good Poster
Added: Apr 09, 2005 12:30 pm
so many to chose from, thanks lads. But what about the sites I've joined? Will I get in the shit with them for downloading their content in this manner? Obviously Jack is naive in the ways of some of this stuff...
Sato
VIP club member
Added: Apr 11, 2005 4:45 am
Mihov picture download