Author
stony5
I'm probably spamming
Added: Mar 14, 2005 9:50 pm
Anyone know of a good Anti-Virus and Ad-Aware for MAC users running Safari?

Thank Very Happy
Cruzing
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jun 27, 2005 2:58 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey another MAC man, cool!

OS X Tiger 10.4, just do it!

Extra programs I bought!

I run Netbarrier & Virus,

Little Snitch
This is a great program. as a web page opens it asks you if you want any redirects (no, unless your in a site you know) and who they are, very cool!

Cocktail 3.6.1
this is a hidden disk utility that rechecks your image, very cool! Very Strong!

Backup your image on CD

Set another user at log in with no authority to alter programs, loading etc... and use that alias as your platform to web! You'll have to go through the limitations to get him up and running. Make sure he has a separate password! from your main directory and also set the main password of filevault different from all others! Write them down if you need too! If you worry to much and start playing around and loose your log file, you will not be able to unlock filevault at all. Load your logs onto a cd and save for later referencing.

idisk I highly recommend. after your fully loaded, updates programs all! upload to idisk your computer defaults. So that when you Sync later you have a base platform to sync. from!

Very stable platform I love it, never will I go back to windows! Everything just works, no fuss nor mess to go through like windows can make you do!

My problem now is RAR expander. I get the first to unload and open, but never the second, so I can get the whole movie! Anything on your end on this?
Technicus_rex
I'm probably spamming
Added: Jul 11, 2005 12:28 am
There has NEVER been ANY single Virus, Adware, Trojan, Security exploit, ever found in "The Wild" ( real life ). On Mac OS X ( which has been out 5 years - we also had zero issues before that! )

I keep seeing posts about good Antivirus for Mac... Since there are no Virii to detect, how the heck would we ever know???

"In the Wild" refers to no one has ever been exploited, hacked, in real life... Sometimes geeks will try to write a "Proof of concept", to see if some security fix *Should* be implemented before anyone does.... Which is updated, etc. I guess that should keep Mac's free from issues going foreward.

Some people, say in a company with BOTH Mac & Windows... might check for Windows viruses - so they don't accidentally infect a friend, co-worker - but with average internet use..... Windows should never be on the net, if it is, Remove Explorer, use firewall, etc.
Mac users can sit on broadband, no firewall, no antivirus, and have no problem....

No Antivirus for Mac OS

-OK Does Tiger open RAR .rar files by default...or..??? Tips?

tr
Cruzing
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jul 11, 2005 12:35 am
thanks for the info!

I needed to upgrade my stuffit to the delux version, It was just there way to pull more $$$$, same old grap!

Works fine now!

Security? I really dont worry about it, as a old windows user, it effected the browsers to slow down sooo muuchhh! Plus not knowing if they were pulling your credit card info, was a worry!

How do you have yours set up??