Author
jejejeje
Respected VIP club member
Added: Apr 09, 2005 12:40 pm
ciggy
Respected Poster
Added: Apr 09, 2005 5:34 pm
Happy 500, jejeje.

I'm hoping to get a 1 month free to AF too, sometime this year.
linuslucy
Poster
Added: Apr 09, 2005 8:14 pm
How does one download anything from Rapidshare? Do you have to pay a fee? Every time I try all I get is the page for uplaods and if I go to Premium Downloads, They ask for a fee. I must be missing something. Thanks for anyone who can help me in my stupid funk.
Added: Apr 09, 2005 8:43 pm
Thanks Jejejeje, this is much better way to share bigger files than uploading here in small pieces!
ciggy
Respected Poster
Added: Apr 09, 2005 9:57 pm
linuslucy wrote:
How does one download anything from Rapidshare? Do you have to pay a fee? Every time I try all I get is the page for uplaods and if I go to Premium Downloads, They ask for a fee. I must be missing something. Thanks for anyone who can help me in my stupid funk.

When you follow the link there is a table at the bottom. One column is the "free" option, and the other option is the "premium" one. The command buttons at the bottom select your option (probably free). If you select "free" the next thing you will see is a "wait" page. At the very bottom of that page you'll see a number of seconds you have to wait in the queue, ticking down. When it ticks down to zero, then the actual download link for the movie will appear. Then you can click or right-click and select "save as" or whatever.

If you download more than a few in a row, the wait page will tell you you've downloaded too much in the past hour and to check back later for another download attempt.

It's annoying as hell, and designed to get you to pay for the premium option.
laubron
Poster
Added: Apr 09, 2005 11:08 pm
Quote:
If you download more than a few in a row, the wait page will tell you you've downloaded too much in the past hour and to check back later for another download attempt.

It is not only annoying, it's irritating as hell !

With the twins video clips dowload page, there are 12+15 movies that can be downloaded; all about 16 Mb. After having downloaded one movieclip, the message appears and after having waited two hours you can try again. I am already busy for days to download these files, and not even halfway !
linuslucy
Poster
Added: Apr 10, 2005 1:36 am
Thanks! Now I can be annoyed too. Anyone hear any more about Tiffany or has she disappeared for a while after the last release?
Added: Apr 10, 2005 1:42 am
You're right. This is annoying as hell.
Added: Apr 10, 2005 3:32 pm
The thing that's annoying for the uploader of any video files is that each piece cannot be larger than about 1.5 mb, which means if you upload a large movie file like I did about a week or two ago, you end up with 60+ rar pieces to have to upload separately.

So it's either annoy the uploader, or annoy the downloader, unless somebody knows of free large file hosting somewhere.
funlover22
Respected Poster
Added: Apr 11, 2005 3:00 pm
Pointing people to content is a better way to go than uploading.

I'll begin uploading some pics soon, but my movie files are just too large.

Ciao
Elmo
Respected VIP club member
Added: Apr 11, 2005 7:21 pm
Congrats on the 500! I'll be there myself pretty soon.

Now we just have to find a better solution than Rapidshare for these fine video clips. What do you think of torrents? Anybody have any experience with them? I have downloaded, but never made my own .torrent file, or posted one on a torrent site.
Ferakk
I'm probably spamming
Added: Apr 11, 2005 10:49 pm
Hey, congratulations Cool
I think It'll take some time before I get there Laughing