Author
Snigom
Very Respected Poster
Added: Dec 26, 2004 2:37 pm
Well I certainly won't deny that I have posted some one liners here and there as it maybe. It's just sometimes that is all I had to say.

Calahan in the best, he's always cheerful, and I rather enjoy and repect that. I can say the same for Lazuro, which is why this current hostility is rather surprising. Not to be silly but....

"Can't we all just get along" Smile
Josiah
Respected Poster
Added: Dec 26, 2004 8:28 pm
Lazuro is allright. No ones really being hostile. We all have "off" days, and we all respond when we feel we are being attacked personally.

It's easy to read in your own interpretation as to what you think a person ment in their post, especially since you can't see their body language to tell if they are just teasing you, or what.

I think the people here are mature enough to occasionally rub each other wrong, but then, "let it go", and go on.
lazuro
Good Poster
Added: Dec 26, 2004 10:55 pm
josiah is correct, you cant tell how somebody is saying something when they write it, and you cant tell there emotions. People over reacted to my posting as they thought i was being hatefull or spitefull, but i was merely saying dont make comments about other peoples behaviour when you aren't perfect yourself.
It seems you all like calahans postings a lot, so maybe i was slightly wrong, but i do think he is guilty of bumping up his scores with endless short posts. thats just my opinion, i didnt mean it to be such a big deal, and i will leave the subject there.
elf_punk
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 13, 2005 11:55 am
well i gotta say, the fact that the forum has gone this long without any full-on flaming is impressive...
c'mon boys... let's not attack each other here... it's not a rat-race... it ain't u.s.capitalism... you don't have to stomp on others in order to advance here...
and i am sure GS has it well under control...
unless you feel the only thing you have worthwhile to say to earn YOUR points is something negative about other posters....

well, at any rate, i know the worst thing anyone can say about ME is that i am OVERLY verbose!! hehe

Wink
Josiah
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 13, 2005 11:05 pm
elf_punk, don't worry, you are not overly verbose, you just talk way too much! Razz
elf_punk
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 13, 2005 11:16 pm
Josiah wrote:
elf_punk, don't worry, you are not overly verbose, you just talk way too much! Razz

hehe... yeah... i do that TOO!
Mr.Paranoid
Good Poster
Added: Jan 14, 2005 7:22 am
I'm new here and the topic is about one-liners, non-useful posts not counting, and everyone seams to going on defending their posts with non-useful posts. So I thought I would add my non-useful to juts be counted. Or not counted.

Not a dig at anyone juts a bit of fun. :o)
elf_punk
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 14, 2005 7:55 am
ugh... this is such a useless debate... MadMark, welcome, but dude... and everyone else whose got their panties in a wad about what is and is not a "useful" or "meaningful" or just valid post....
GET FUCKING REAL! YOU'RE TAKING THIS SHIT WAAAAAAY TOO SERIOUSLY...
SO...

Here is the Elf Punk helping to put things into a little perspective:

When it comes down to it, unless a bunch of guys with too much testosterone drooling over beautiful young vixens is really considered "useful" by anyone's stretch of the imagination, THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE POST ON THIS SITE THAT IS TRULY "USEFUL" OR "MEANINGFUL"... AND THE ONLY VALIDITY TO ANY OF IT IS TO VALIDATE OUR OWN WHIMSICAL INTERESTS AND FLEETING DESIRES.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
But let's keep things in perspective eh?

Now in the context of GS's rules regarding this matter, let's not play a fucking SYMANTICS GAME here and really just think for half a second with the brain above the belt: Was GS really stating that he wants Pulitzer Prize winning material? Was he laying out a rule of an "in 20 words or more" nature? Was he demanding that the things we post contribute to the overall sense of belonging and brotherhood of all mankind? FUCK NO!

There are some posts of five words or less that you can tell are genuine responses to someone else, or genuine thoughts, questions, exclamations, etc. Others are very clearly nothing but gratuitous excuses to increase points. IF ANY OF YOU CLAIM YOU ARE NOT GUILTY OF AT LEAST POSTING THE LATTER AT LEAST ONCE OR TWICE YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT THAT I COULD SHIT ON YOU!

I know I have.

But like myself, I think that most of the members of this forum have overall posted out of a genuine sense of interest and involvement, and THAT is what GS is looking for. Whether it is a five word phrase of appreciation or a three-page-long-elf-punk diatribe (the time during which I will boldy point out could have been applied to posting at least TWENTY "meaningless" posts), the difference between people who are actually engaging with the other members of the forum, contibuting to dialogue, masterbation fodder, or whatever, and those people who are just trying to get their membership faster is something that is VERY obvious but CANNOT BE DEFINED BY WORD COUNTS or pontifications on the meaning of the word "meaningful"....

SO...

That is all I have to say about that.

I'm fucking going to bed.
jejejeje
Respected VIP club member
Added: Jan 14, 2005 9:06 am
The purpose of these boards is simply to generate interest in the teenfuns site.

People posting constant gratutious praise for all the hotties on teenfuns will attract your average lurker / passer by to perhaps consider buying a membership.

The theory is that 'most' people will not waste there time on a forum trying to spam there way up to 300 just to get a months worth of memberships. They'll just browse the board, see the 'previews' + commentary and then fork over the money for a membership.

The people who will get 300+ are the fanboys who've had an interest in these girls for some time already. These people want to know what's coming out next with their favorite girls and will happily praise whatever they see.

This = more advertising for the site, which will generate more memberships.

And it is 'probably' working given the post to views ratio's on these boards. Someone posts one picture - and 500 people view it. Of those 500, at least a few are going to think - DAMN for just a few bucks I can get wholes series of this cutie! booyeah!

You could guarantee that they'll be more people who see the pictures who'll buy memberships for immediate access, than those who'll try and spam their way up to 300 for a freebie.

I consider myself an uber-spammer but its still taken me two months of solid 'on-time' to get 300.

In closing. Can I have a free teenfuns membership please?
Very Happy

(I just want to get the sonya movies, which I haven't seen yet)
Razz
elf_punk
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 14, 2005 2:58 pm
yeah, what he said TOO!

hehe...

jejejeje, that was funny, and mebbee you should PM GS, eh?
Calahan
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jan 14, 2005 3:11 pm
jejejeje wrote:
...In closing. Can I have a free teenfuns membership please? Very Happy

(I just want to get the sonya movies, which I haven't seen yet)
Razz

Well spoken, jejejeje, but I'm a bit surprised that you don't want an
Angel Funs membership, as all the other... Smile

Maybe you should think twice?

All the best,
Calahan
lazuro
Good Poster
Added: Jan 15, 2005 1:31 pm
maybe i was wrong about you calahan, i must apologise, ive been reading some of your posts and you seem pretty cool. even IF you had of been guilty bumping up your post count (which im not saying you are now)with a lot of short posts, so what. who doesnt want free membership, plus whatever the case, you was nothing like that erotism guy. so i take it back, sorry.

i never meant it quite as seriously as all you others seemed to take it, maybe you should relax a bit
elf_punk
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 15, 2005 4:01 pm
lazuro wrote:
maybe i was wrong about you calahan, i must apologise, ive been reading some of your posts and you seem pretty cool. even IF you had of been guilty bumping up your post count (which im not saying you are now)with a lot of short posts, so what. who doesnt want free membership, plus whatever the case, you was nothing like that erotism guy. so i take it back, sorry.

i never meant it quite as seriously as all you others seemed to take it, maybe you should relax a bit

Hey lazuro... I have enjoyed the posts by both you and Calahan every since we joined (cool that we are three of the first that came on board, right around the same time)
While I tend to waste my posting count potential with "overly-verbose" replies (like this one... or just the ones where I "talk way to much" -- hehehe), I have also had my share of short, one-line entries.
I can honestly say that every post I've posted has come from an honest thought in my head; but where that thought might have been a simple, "holy crap, she is HOT!!" or whatever, I would probably have ordinarilly just KEPT it a thought -- not an entry on the forum -- if not for the obvious incentive.
I think we have ALL posted similar posts.
If you say you haven't, lazuro, you're deceiving us, yourself, or both on the matter, and I will lose a modicum of respect for you (certainly not all of it; just a wee bit)...
We have all done it, and I think the difference between this and the fucks who come on and just start flooding nonsense one-liners is pretty obvious and it would have behooved you to consider it before slamming Calahan (though I also can relate to what it means to speak before you think, and don't really begrudge you this either): the difference is that WE have a love for this site and the subject matter AND the interactive sharing that is quite obvious and very fucking hard to fake; whereas there isn't the slightest indication of that from the others.
Besides, the others will eventually give up or get booted.
I think that the contributions you, Calahan, others, and myself have made to this site certainly out-weigh any wee moments of indiscretion.
And I also trust that if something we enter proves to be truly gratuitous, GS will have that under control, so I feel no need myself to jump on others about it. Not saying you did so with the seriousness with which you were taken, but, ya' did, whether ya meant it as a joke or not.
But like I said, no hard feelings here.
That's just my third-person perspective based on my observation of what's transpired between you two cool cats.
- Eros the Elf Punk
T-Bone
Respected Poster
Added: Jan 15, 2005 11:35 pm
I must say, without the three of you guys there wouldn't be much of a board. Cool
Calahan
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jan 18, 2005 3:35 pm
No hard feelings, lazuro and thank you for your nice words!

Now after re-reading the thread from the start, I think that my post about
erotism was one of those posts, where I should have better click on
the browsers "Back" button instead of "Submit" Smile

I was so angry at that time, that he posted to really all threads, so that I
had to look into all of them, to see if there were other replys, I wanted to
read... Next time, I will hopefully wait to calm down and do some thinking
before I make a post (as I normally do Wink ).

Well at last, I want to thank all of you nice people out there, for making
this forum such a nice place!

As always, wish you

all the best,
Calahan