Author
leif
Poster
Added: Oct 14, 2005 5:48 am
Hey, Rapidshare can tell if you've downloaded in that hour because it looks at your DNS servers. Your computer's lease on a DNS server expires every week. If you catch it at the right time, you can download something before your server changes, and download again after it changes. Of course this can't be done every time, (only once a week) but if you happen to notice when your server will change it may help.

This is how you can tell when your DNS server will change.
1) Click Start.
2) Click Run.
3) Type "cmd" in the "Open" line.
4) Type "ipconfig /all"
5) Towards the bottom you should see a line called "DNS Servers". Below that it will say "Lease Obtained" and "Lease Expires".

It is the "Lease Expires" time that you want to be looking at. Let's say that your DNS server will expire in 2 days at 9:45 PM. What you would do is this: at 9:10 you would download something. Then your DNS server would automatically change, so at 9:46 you could download another movie.

I only recommend attempting this if you have very large movies that would be too big to download from megaupload/sexuploader etc.

Just thought I'd let you know! Smile
dark_angel
Respected Poster
Added: Oct 14, 2005 11:11 am
Not every one have dynamic IP, and many ISP tray to keep you on the same IP when you renew the lease.

If your ISP seats you beahind a proxy , RS see the proxy address.

Not that esay to disguis, get a premium acc.

DA
cosmander
Respected Poster
Added: Oct 14, 2005 12:51 pm
i think its better to use other services than rapidshare.

selftested :www.sexuploader.com (250MB !!!) for example
leif
Poster
Added: Oct 25, 2005 11:56 pm
dark_angel wrote:
Not every one have dynamic IP, and many ISP tray to keep you on the same IP when you renew the lease.

If your ISP seats you beahind a proxy , RS see the proxy address.

Not that esay to disguis, get a premium acc.

DA

I was not aware that the tray renewed the original IP! On all the computers I've ever had, the IP always changes. Well, hopefully it will work for some people!

Thanks for letting me know.