WoW

Author
jejejeje
Respected VIP club member
Added: Jan 13, 2005 1:12 pm
World of Warcraft

I want to... but I'm afraid of wasting my entire life in a mmmmmrpg world. How will I then have time to leech pr0n?

Is anyone here into the gaming side of the internet, or are we all simply in it for the hot girls?

Has anyone tried / become addicted to WoW? Most people I know who've joined up have disappeared for the last few months. I miss them Sad

Should I buy it?
Razz

BTW - if you are a gaming nerd... this is the one you want to be holding your breath for
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/battlefield2/

I know I am
Watch this vid to see why
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/battlefield2/bf2_wetlands_final.avi.html
It's 260meg for only 2mins of video... but DAMN!!!
Smile
Calahan
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jan 13, 2005 1:33 pm
I loved to play games with or without internet.
My favourites were Diablo and then Dungeon Siege.

Tried Warcraft, but the computer was too fast for me (and my friend who
was playing over internet with me against them). So I deleted it.
Don't know much about World Of Warcraft... Is it fun?

Due to real life, I now have too little time to play much.
Just bought Half Life 2, hope I find some time to play it Smile

All the best,
Calahan
jejejeje
Added: Jan 13, 2005 1:40 pm
Can't play HL2.
I have a sound glitch problem that a lot of people are whinging about on the official steam forums. For me it causes the game to crash every 5 minutes. Sad

I think I'll have to wait until I update hardware before I can play it.
Calahan
Very Respected Poster
Added: Jan 13, 2005 1:51 pm
Sorry, to hear that... You should try to do updates with the steam engine
from time to time. Maybe you can download an update which fixes it.
I know nothing about the problem, but if it something to with the sound,
you maybe should remove your soundcard for a test. If it doesn't crash, maybe you only need a soundcard hardware/driver update?

Sorry, for being a little OT her Smile

All the best,
Calahan
jejejeje
Added: Jan 13, 2005 2:03 pm
Nah, it's not sound card related. It's more a general system runs out of resources, causing the sound to hitch and the game to crash thing that randomly effects people with all types of PC's, athlons, intels, nvidia, ati ... everyone and anyone. Probably only affects 1% of people, but those that have it are fubr.

One of the recommended fix's was to fiddle with sound cards. I went one step further and bought a whole new one, being the top of the range (practially) audigy2. My old sound card was a 5 year old budget model, so it was time to upgrade it anyway.
Didn't help HL2 still crashes. Sad

And now the damn sound card doesn't detect my subwoofer on my altec langsings ac54s. Rest of the sounds are 'probably' better Razz
If only I had some proper teenfuns girls moaning samples to test it on. Very Happy

Yeah, so I think its due to a whole system not happy thing. But I guess that's what I get for going the super budget upgrade, with all 'top of the range budget parts' Wink ie the top range graphic card, but the cheapest (read dodgiest) model. It doesn't like it when the PC gets overstressed, and HL2 being the newest most resource intensive game is bound to stress it.

I think I'm going to buy a athlon64 939pin 3500 CPU, throw in a PCIe nvidia6600GT... and if I'm game a second one in SLI mode. (If I suddenly find a reason to 'not need cash') Smile

Mobo / CPU / vid card as above would set me back $199 + $385 + $350 in the best discount store in Aus.

So it may be damn pricey to get to play HL2.

Very Happy